Christmas for me is a time family and for watching the crimbo films, sitting around the table singing along really badly to the Christmas songs. The thought of being away is a horrid one.
I was in National Park Village, North Island, New Zealand and as the day creeped ever closer I was feeling awful about it. My mum had sent me a parcel and it was in my room staring at me reminding me of the thing is would be missing when the day came around.
But when the 25th December did come I was pleasantly surprised (although having Christmas in summer is very weird) as I had remember what a wonderful person had told me. That “Life is what you make it and every day counts”. So I made it a day to remember.
So in a bullet pointed nutshell this is how my day went:
- I was living in the hotel that I worked at and I had to be up at the crack of dawn to the clean (woopwoop)
- I Spoke to mum over Skype opening the parcel of goodies she had sent me.
- Went round to friends in the village to have Christmas lunch while sitting in a raft and getting a tan.
- Went back to the hotel to set up for the hotel Christmas dinner (for a least one hundred people).
- Finally had dinner at about midnight and then went to the bar to serve up the drinks.
So yer not the best Christmas and I did not have not my family and friends from home. But I was in one of the most beautiful places in the world surrounded by some of the best people. I made my own family that year and I will never forget it.
The wonderful person I mentioned earlier was my beautiful Grandad and he also told me that no matter where you are in the world ,it’s still the same moon in the sky as at home.
Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year – Make it a good one!!!!!!!!!!