Let’s face it a nomadic lifestyle is not for everyone and thats fine, different life styles for different people. So do some people, like me, like living out of a bag?
1) To Escape from everyday life. To escape the office cubicle, the work phone, problems at home, bad relationships or maybe just escaping from growing up for a while. Travel isn’t something to be used to try and run from your problems but it can be a good healer.
2) learning about other places and about yourself. There are so many cultures out there just waiting to be explored and absorbed
. The learning truly is never ending but not just for a new place. I have learnt so much about myself while going from one place to another. I’m a stronger person than I thought and I have found that I can deal with most situations that life has given me. Iv learnt to be comfortable with myself in my own company as well as in the company of others.
3) Shorten that bucket list! Those thinga that you always wanted to do? I don’t wanted to leave them as words on a piece of paper, I want to make them a reality. From seeing the Roman colosseum to jumping out of a plane to taking in the stunning view of the Alps. But remember to see the non tourist traps to.
4) To leave what you are comfortable with. To leave the resort and explore the local area, to experience a different language. Challenge yourself and do something that you would not normally do. Do something everyday that scares you, just a little….
5) and last but not least, we are not guaranteed time or old age. Many people put of travelling to ‘grow up and be responsible’. Some people want to wait untill they retire. Now I’m not saying that this is wrong – each to their own. But what if I don’t live until I’m 70? 60? 50? At least I will have no regrets. Iv chosen experience over objects and I’m greatful for it.
Posted from WordPress for Android